Renewable Energy Trends
This new natural gas power plant, located in Forney, Texas, is just one mile from
Jackrabbit Stadium. (View Google Maps) Power plants should be located away
from population. Unfortunately, the Texas grid is at about 97% capacity. This has forced our federal, state, and city governments into making decisions for
economic growth. Natural gas is cleaner than most hydrocarbon base fuels, but its not pure hydrogen. This pollution cloud is deadly.
City Council Meeting “Approval of Power Plant”
Our government has also offered a 30% federal tax credit for your purchase of Wind Energy or Solar Power. If everyone converted their electric/utility expenses into a small 32K wind or solar investment, we would have clean air and would require no more power plants. Texas is the 5th largest polluter in the world. Imagine no more electric bills and blue skies in Texas!
- The average American home consumes about 11,469 KWH per year (U.S. Energy Information Administration).
- Did you know the Texas drought has threatened hydrocarbon energy production? Over 40% of our water is used to cool power plants.
- Texas power officials say new EPA rule could cause emergency… Learn more SEARCH FOR CITIES WITH CLEAN AIR
The nation’s capacity to generate and distribute electricity has not increased in accordance with growing demand. This gap has led to power reliability problems resulting in major blackouts throughout the country. Power outages severely disrupt business operations and result in the loss of significant portions of business inventories.
In general, Energy Trends markets are experiencing high demand and limited supplies, resulting in volatile and soaring prices. The end product will be inflationary pressures that continue to challenge the country’s businesses as they struggle to adjust to the new economic conditions.Source Report by the House Small Business Committee.
The Oil Age we now take for granted began less 150 years ago and could be over in our lifetime.
We use oil’s derivatives — fuel, plastics, feritilizers, food additives — every day in every way. But where did it come from? What exactly is it? How much is there? How has it changed us? THE HISTORY CHANNEL® thoroughly answers these and many other questions in this sweeping journey through the 160-million-year history of CRUDE
renewal trend tab
- Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy (One stop shop for every type of ENERGY – Wind, Hydrogen, geothermal, Biomass etc )
- Energy Information Administration – Official Energy Statistics from the U.S. Government.
- National Renewable Energy Laboratory: NREL develops renewable energy and energy efficiency technologies and practices, advances related science and engineering, and transfers knowledge and innovations to address the nation’s energy and environmental goals.
- National Climatic Data Center (U.S. Department of Commerce) National Environmental Satellite, Data and Information Services.
- City Mayors – Working for the People – Environment!
- The Ailing Environment Car Exhaust – Health Effects – Power Point Presentation by “Christine Walser”